Tuesday, June 7, 2011

review : butter london in "all hail the queen"

I have been obsessed with this shade ever since I saw it on another beauty blog - but didn't want to risk ordering it online.  I was in ULTA today just looking (no intention of buying anything, I swear) and they had a brand new butter London shelf and I almost died - I didn't know you could find these in Cincinnati!  So I picked up two shades - I'll be posting the second one once I paint my nails again.

"All Hail the Queen", originally "All Hail McQueen" (why the name change?  McQueen deserves this color) is a warm nude with a subtly rosy base and some of the most beautiful glitteriness I've ever seen (why it hasn't been off my mind since I saw it first).  I couldn't believe it actually looked like that, so when I saw it in person today it was a done deal.

 Do you SEE that glitter?

Brand: butter London
Product: 3 Free Nail Lacquer
Shade: "All Hail the Queen"
Review: Overall I am really, really happy with this.  I've always had a "product crush" (is that what you would call it?) on butter London - not only is "butter" a sensational name for a nail polish brand but the packaging is just beautiful and simple to me.  The brush was nice on this - I prefer wider brushes (OPI's old brush) but this one worked very well.  The color comes out just like it looks in the bottle - one coat is a little sheer; I used two and the coverage is pretty good.  Drying time was normal.  I also believe this to be a ridiculously flattering shade; I have very pale skin and on me this is a nude that works beautifully.  On tanner girls I think the effect will be equally great, and on dark-skinned girls the rosiness will really pop.  So, I highly recommend this product!
Price: $18,00 (a little steep for nail polish, but I'll get a lot of wear out of this particular shade)
Wear: pretty decent; lasted about 3 days for me with minor chips - however this was the polish alone, I did not use a topcoat, so that I could test the actual polish strength.  I probably would have expected a little longer out of an $18,00 bottle but with no protection, it did pretty well in my opinion.

Anyone else like butter London?

2 comments:

  1. great minds do think alike...Just bought this color at my local Ulta here in TX and I can't wait to get my mani this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour! Love the slight sparkle...

    http://theadornedprecedent.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I read every single one and they mean so much to me that someone is reading!