Tuesday, April 5, 2011

purchase : silver oxfords

I've been craving something more fashion-forward in my closet for a while (as in, not typical Rachel ... so not a floral skirt, an off-the-shoulder sweater, or a type of legging).  I've been wanting a pair of oxfords for a long time ever since the trend took off, but I hadn't been "brave" enough (aka I hadn't found the right pair).  To me, the right pair was silver (more interesting than the traditional black or brown), with a cut that wasn't too high and menswear-ish, or too low to look like a regular flat.  And then I found them.

I'll post a picture when my camera recharges, I promise.  But until then, why I love oxfords:
  • They add a delightful menswear touch to any outfit
  • They are a classic style, but come in many updated styles as well now (perforated leather, metallic leather, crinkled leather, cut-outs, bright colors, etcetera)
  • You can really wear them with anything (pants, trousers, dresses, skirts, leggings)
  • They are oddly really comfortable
  • They make ankle socks useful again
  • A pointed toe oxford lends a bit of edginess, while a softer rounded toe adds femininity





Sources: chictopia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I read every single one and they mean so much to me that someone is reading!