Thursday, July 12, 2012

obsession : basketball shorts

One of the pieces in my activewear collection is inspired by the classic basketball short - think elastic band with 3 rows of stitching, loose slouchy fit. I made mine in a slinky spandex with great drape, in a tarnished nickel color. The fun part is that with a silk white tank, they can be worn to dinner - and then the next day, on a run with a sports bra.

It's fun to watch the athletic and fashion world collide - activewear inspired garments are becoming more and more regular.

Let's see how it's being done!

Love the take on athletic shorts in this fun, bright color! But the waistband keeps the inspiration nearby.

 
 Once again, clearly inspired by basketball shorts - but the watch and fun tank keep it from looking like she just came from the gym.
 
What do you find of this trend? Would you buy a pair of shorts inspired by athletic clothing, or would you wear a pair of "basketball shorts" out with regular clothes? I think it's cute!


3 comments:

  1. I love these shorts!!!! Great colors!

    xo
    Melissa
    http://sweetstylesbymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how it turns out! love the pink shorts

    www.stylevoci.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely post! The baseball shorts you posted look great, I should probably buy some for myself :)


    Lots of love,
    Sabina
    xxx

    Enter my studded corset giveaway in collaboration with Kat Valdez!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I read every single one and they mean so much to me that someone is reading!