Thursday, June 23, 2011

bridal mock-up

Today I finished up my research on designers' portfolios, showed Sam the swatches I gathered, and put them into a book for her.  Then I sewed together the pieces for a gown for a fitting she will have with a bride soon!

 This is the slip of the dress, where the tulle or chiffon will be draped on top

 Two of Samuelle's dresses - there is a slip beneath each of these, like the one I sewed today.  The bride is having a dress much like the one on the right.  (These dresses are in the process of being added to Sam's portfolio, so stay tuned!)

Edie enjoys playing with the reflection on the wall from the iron.

Tomorrow I have the day off to explore different bridal shops around New York.  I'll take pictures and compare qualities of garments up close, from more affordable brands like J Crew to high up designers such as Reem Acra or Monique Lhuillier.  It should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I want to get married now just so that I can wear that dress on the right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I read every single one and they mean so much to me that someone is reading!