Monday, October 18, 2010

beauty : bangs

I recently cut myself some Selma Blair-ish bangs, about three hours ago, and realized that bangs are one of the trends for fall beauty 2010 right now. So, why not look at bangs!


At Erin Fetherston ... remind you of anybody?


Shorter bangs with curls at L.A.M.B.



Backstage at Lanvin ... very Leigh Lezark!

The look is very 60s, in my opinion, and I love it - I feel like the 60s haven't made their resurgence yet. We've seen the 80s and 90s, and now the 50s, which is maybe why we're peeking into the 60s with this hair trend - a la Jane Birken. The style looks best with thicker, straight hair (which is exactly what I don't have, but hey, "make it work"). The effect always comes off very modern, which is probably why it is making its new debut this fall. It's a fresh take on beauty that isn't usually paired with 1950s styling. And I'm giving it a test run!

1 comment:

  1. mine is thin and straight, but I have them. Slightly less blunt, but still very 60s.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I read every single one and they mean so much to me that someone is reading!