Sunday, February 12, 2012

pre-fall/spring/couture 2012 collection favorites

There were a lot of good shows this spring!  I've been slowly collecting my favorites for the pre-fall 2012 RTW collections (and the few I liked from the couture shows) to share.

I've realized I am rather picky - I go through show photos rather quickly, only stopping for the ones that make me pause, think, and analyze.  Finding what makes you "stop mid-breath" is worth saving!

PREEN
 I really just love everything about this collection - complimentary colors, trompe l'oeil knitted prints, color blocking.  Perfect.

DONNA KARAN
Beautifully minimalistic, clean cut to a suit.  Undeniably sexy.

ERIN FETHERSTON
 Feminine and luxurious without being over-the-top.  I love the sheer bishop sleeve here and simple textured white dress.

HELMUT LANG
 The newest thing I've seen with leather yet.

MISSONI
 Recently I've become obsessed with Missoni.  Ingenious color palettes!  The stripe-on-stripe here is incredible.

THAKOON ADDITION
  A way of using the popular pleat in a new way - I love the way they meet along the sleeve hem, and orange is the "it" color of the season!

DOO.RI
  I love everything about this silhouette, and love that it's been updated from basic black to a gray-from-a-distance color print.

CARVEN
  My favorite sweater of the season.  Such an intriguing idea and so simple.

CHLOE
 Gorgeous tailoring in wonderful, large shapes.

MAXMARA
 I am biased towards this color anyway, but I love the perfect, easy shapes here.

NAEEM KHAN
 All-bead texture in one single color.

PEDRO LOURENCO
 This coat's balance of matte and shine and texture is perfect.

ST JOHN
 A classic and elegant brand I will always love.  I am thrilled by the monochromatic suit and long skirt.

PETER SOM
 Beautiful drape and unexpected black detail.

MATTHEW WILLIAMSON
 One of my favorite designers for use of color, texture, and pattern mixtures.  These dresses speak for themselves.

THAKOON
 Texture, shape.  I love coats that break coat boundaries.

RACHEL ZOE
 I would find the one white outfit by the boho designer.  But it's perfect - the texture detail on the sweater takes this all-white look to the next level.

DEREK LAM
  A fun use of the season's orange, in an unexpected sweater pattern.

GIVENCHY
  I absolutely love the effect of marbled fabric used in panels.

ALEXANDRE HERCHKOVITCH
 I would love to wear both of these - beautiful in their simplicity of cut.

DSQUARED
 Another fascinating update to the sweater.

PHILOSOPHY
 Fascinating hem.

3.1 PHILLIP LIM
I love the shape of these pants with this sleeveless top!
 MONIQUE LHUILLIER
 Fascinating shapes in the prints and beading.

ZAC POSEN
 An embroidered bustier looks fresh here.

THEYSKENS' THEORY
Absolutely perfect.

TSE
 Great applications of monochromatic layers.

DKNY
 Loving stripes, loving prints - here they are together.

ALBERTA FERRETTi
 Fascinating shape and texture for evening.

DIESEL BLACK GOLD
 I just love everything here - the soft whites, shapes, and sheers.

GIAMBATTISTA VALLI
 I not only like the dynamic photography but the bold shapes and textures.

GUCCI
 Clean and in a wonderful shape.

JOHNATHAN SAUNDERS
 Beautiful print.

NO. 21
 I love the first look especially - horizontal texture with vertical pleats.

GIANFRANCO FERRE
 Superb.  I love metallics with nude.
BOUCHRA JARRAR
 This dress is so delicate and the drape at the front couldn't be better.

GIVENCHY
 Hands down the most fascinating show of the season.  Eerie, beautiful.

VALENTINO
 Another wonderful nude/metallic/textured gown - a trend?

AKRIS
  The photorealistic print is still big, and here it still feels new.

FENDI
  THE BOOTS ON THE RIGHT!

LACOSTE
  Another ombre sweater!  I must say, this season was great for knits.

RICHARD NICOLL
  Great color - and this hem looks so fresh.

YVES SAINT LAURENT
  And we end with the most sophisticated pantsuit yet.

Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I read every single one and they mean so much to me that someone is reading!