Friday, August 27, 2010

trend : turbans

This is something that's been on my radar recently, both in knit styles and in scarf styles - and I think it's really cute. I love the more luxe Rosie-the-Riveter vibe it gives off. A lot more sophisticated, no doubt. There is a cute video on how to tie one out of a square scarf here; I think I may play around with this later. The Prada S07 runway showed turbans in opulent jewel tones, like rich camel, emerald, and wine. I'm also loving Missoni's take on the trend with printed, vintage-esque scarves - though I'd like to see them in the famous Missoni print too. I've seen a bunch of turban-inspired headbands popping up as well, with a small knot or twist on top of the crown in the front. Gives you a whole new crop of choices for you to play around with when picking out a scarf in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - I read every single one and they mean so much to me that someone is reading!